Camping with youth is an outdoor activity. Campers come to play ball, swim, hike, explore, learn water-related skills, play games, and generally just have a great time OUTDOORS. When it rains, the campers’ first emotional impression is “The fun is all over. This day is ruined.”
The Camp Counselor’s Handbook of Over 90 Games and Activities Just for Rainy Days saves the day.
This handbook gives you lots of ideas of fun things to do on rainy days. You’ll never fear the rain again. Instead, you’ll see rain as a great opportunity to do different types of activities with your campers.
The manual includes:
- 23 activities plus the loads-of-fun County Fair activity with 13 separate games
- 6 all-camp outdoor games and activities
- 5 in-cabin paper and pencil games
- 14 active games in a small space cabin
- 15 non-active cabin games
- Each game and activity comes with recommendations for age-appropriateness
These rainy day games have been specially chosen by Dr. J. David Burrow. He knows the needs of camp counselors. He’s been there––40 weeks as a cabin counselor, 4 years as a program director, and 4 years as a camp director.